Monday 12 March 2012

A little more about me:  I began painting 8 years ago at age 57.  However, my introduction to art in general, and in particular pastel painting, began at age 5.  I would sit for hours and watch my father paint in pastels. My father was a commercial artist and we lived in Toronto at the time.

The attached painting is set in Punta Mita; about 45 minutes by bus north of Puerta Vallarta in Mexico. Punta Mita was a small fishing community and like other coastal communities of its size there were many local craft-sellers walking the beach. I was moved by the challenge this young girl faced every day trying to make a living. We were enjoying a cold beer while for her, it was simply another hard day at the office. We will never know her challenges but the beauty of the surroundings is there for all of us to enjoy...

In future posts, I will continue to offer insights as a traveller on each of my paintings, as well as their background.  As blogging can be an interactive medium, I welcome your comments. 

My attached painting and others will be available at my online store at ETSY. Watch for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment